Shrimp cocktail is one of my favorite things to eat, just about anytime of year, anytime of day. If you love shrimp cocktail just as much, you’ll love this Grilled Shrimp Cocktail recipe!
This delicious appetizer is the perfect excuse to start the BBQ, and you’ll be so glad you took the extra time to get a little char on your shrimp. Serve these up in margarita glasses, and this dish will be all the rage at your next backyard party!
- 2 pounds shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups Clamato juice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 avocados, cubed
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place shrimp in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to coat.
- Lightly grease grill to prevent sticking, then cook shrimp 2-3 minutes per side, until fully cooked and slightly charred. Remove shrimp and cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, stir together remaining ingredients until well-combined. Place desired amount in glasses or bowls. Peel shrimp up to the tail if desired, then place around the edge of prepared glasses and serve immediately.