French toast is one of the simplest dishes to cook but it's also the simplest dish to mess up! And I'm gonna give you the lowdown on the right way to get this delicious dish done the right way. Follow my instructions and have perfect french toast every time!
- 2 Eggs per slice
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Loaf of unsliced bread
- Mix all ingredients except for bread and butter into a large bowl or casserole dish(you want it big enough to submerge your slice of bread).
- Time to slice your bread. Thickness is up to you but I personally like it nice and thick. (If you want the ultimate french toast slice the bread the night before and leave it out overnight uncovered, this way your custard mixture will completely absorb into your bread.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat with a tablespoon of butter.
- Dunk each slice right before frying or your bread will turn to mush while you wait to cook it.
- Add dunked slice of bread to frying pan and cook for approximately 3 minutes a side.