Your backyard birds will thank you for making this Mason Jar Bird Feeder! Not only is it simple to make, but you'll have so much fun watching all the neighborhood birds feasting on birdseed. It will be endless hours entertainment!
- Box cutter
- 26 oz. container of salt
- Small plate
- 1 Mason jar
- Cut your container of salt into a circle that will fit inside the lid of your mason jar. Make sure that you keep the spout from the salt container (this is where the birdseed will come out).
- Cut 4 pieces of twine into 3-foot strands and string them halfway through the lid of the jar.
- Place the salt top inside the lid of the jar and shift the pieces of twine to opposite sides of the lid.
- Screw the lid onto your mason jar filled with birdseed.
- Tie your small place to the mason jar using the twine. Make sure you have about 2 inches of room between the plate and the mason jar.
- Your bird feeder is now ready to use! Hang on a tree branch and watch as your cute birdy friends gobble up the birdseed.