Lately I’m seeing pickles in every recipe, some make sense and some are just plain ridiculous. I will admit that I have made some questionable things involving pickles but I assure you this one's totally legit!
This no nonsense bread couldn’t be any simpler. No yeast, no rising, just mix and bake! Have dilly flavor in every bite! Great with soup and even better as grilled cheese.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pickles
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 2 tablespoon Chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs and sugar until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, salt and pickle juice and stir until combined. Fold in chopped pickles, cheddar and dill. Pour batter into a loaf pan.
- Bake until the bread is golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean, 40 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.