Have you ever seen a watermelon look like this before? This melon shark is bound to impress (and maybe terrify) everyone at your next get together. It may look difficult to make but it's actually fairly simple. It's the perfect way to serve fruit at your next shark themed party!
- Large watermelon
- Sharp knife
- Melon baller
- Cut one end of your watermelon at an angle.
- Sketch on the watermelon where the mouth will be and cut along the lines to form the mouth of your shark.
- Scoop out the watermelon flesh from inside the shark's mouth.
- Use a peeler to peel the dark green layer of skin off the melon around the edge of the mouth.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the triangle shaped teeth into the area that was just peeled.
- Use a melon baller to carve out the holes for the eyes of your shark. Place black olives in the holes.
- Cut gills into the side of your shark's body.
- Attach a triangle piece of watermelon to the back of your shark (this will be his fin).
- Use as a serving bowl and fill the shark's mouth with watermelon and other fruits.