BBQ season has arrived, but it doesn't mean we should stop using our slow cookers! Raining Hot Coupons has a great recipe for this, throw everything in and you'll have a sweet and salty pulled pork by dinner time!
Putting soda pop in with your BBQ sauce is becoming the new norm! Dr pepper pulled pork is no different! You get a delicious deep flavor from the sugary soda and gives any sauce a glaze like texture that coats every inch of your juicy pork!
- 3-4 lb Pork Loin Roast
- Pork Rub (Garlic powder, salt, pepper)
- 12 oz Dr Pepper
- Barbecue Sauce (to taste)
- Season pork with your rub on all sides.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Pour in Dr Pepper.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours.
- Drain most of the liquid.
- Use tongs to shred pork.
- Add barbecue sauce to taste
- Stir well and reduce temp to warm for serving.
- Serve on buns with coleslaw on the sandwich or on the side (optional).
Recipe by: Raining Hot Coupons