Toast in the morning is a must, especially smothered in jam. Lately I’ve been trying to cut carbs out of my diet, but morning without toast would be terrible. Then I found cloud bread!
Fluffy and light cloud bread should be a staple in everybody's home. Homemade bread without flour!? Crazy as it sounds, this is very real and a must try for any health conscious eater!
- 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg yolks, cream cheese, and sweetener until smooth.
- In another bowl, add the cream of tartar to the egg whites, then beat with a hand mixer on high until they are fluffy and form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the egg yolk mixture into the beaten egg whites until just combined, being careful to keep the mixtures fluffy.
- Scoop the mixture evenly into 10 even circles on the baking sheet (about the size of a small burger bun).
- Bake on the middle rack for about 30 minutes, however baking time could vary depending on your oven. Check on them frequently to remove when they become golden brown.
- Cool “buns” on a cooling rack. They will seem to be a crumbly cooked meringue texture, however, once completely cool, seal them in a ziploc bag or air-tight tupperware overnight - the next day they will be a more bread-like, soft texture.