Let’s face it cheeseburgers are amazing and don’t forget pie are equally amazing! Now let’s put them together for a truly remarkable creation.
Next time you’re getting groceries try picking up some mini tart shells, they’re the perfect vessel for new flavors! Fill them up with with seasoned ground beef and plenty of gooey cheese, as soon as they come out of the oven top the bad boys with all your favorite burger toppings!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 24 mini puff pastry tart shells
- 6 strips bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional garnishes, like diced tomato or mayo
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange tart shells on a baking sheet, then bake until starting to turn golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- While shells are in the oven, heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute onion under starting to soften, then add in garlic, stirring and cooking another minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about another 5-7 minutes, then stir in the salt, Worcestershire, pickles, ketchup, and mustard, then remove from heat.
- Scoop beef mixture into baked tart shells, then sprinkle on crumbled bacon, and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes in the oven, or until the cheese has melted.