With the holidays in full swing, you might still be looking for that special appetizer to serve a crowd at a party or potluck. This recipe for Mini Cheese Ball Bites has something for everyone, with three different "toppings" to roll your cheese balls in.
We decided on dried cranberries, green onion, and nuts, but the sky's the limit when it comes to options! The pretzel sticks add a nice touch in place of toothpicks to get you a crunchy-salty factor. Serve these up and they'll be gone in no time!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crushed nuts (almonds, pecans or walnuts)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion, or parsley (whichever you prefer)
- 12-15 pretzel sticks
In a medium bowl add the butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and ground pepper. Using a hand mixer, beat until well combined and smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese.
Divide the mixture into 12-15 tablespoon-size portions. Dip your clean hands in a little bit of water and smooth each portion into a small ball. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or as long as you want to in advance - up to 24 hours).
Before serving, roll the balls in cranberries, nuts, parsley or green onion. Place a pretzel stick in each. Serve immediately.