When we have children, it's important we feed them quality food and drinks that'll help them become big and strong.
But while parents tend to blindly trust name brand products to give to their kids, even they are susceptible to harmful pieces lurking inside.
One father from Columbus, Indiana found this out the hard way after he found a chunk of mold in his three-year-old daughter's juice box.
"This was a treat for our three-year-old and it's really just not acceptable."
On September 24, Cameron Hardwick posted a video alongside two photos on Facebook depicting mode inside his oldest daughter's juice box.
The father-of-two said he grabbed a couple of Capri Sun juice boxes as an after-supper treat for his daughter.
However, when Hardwick pulled them out of the fridge, he noticed one was not as full as the other.
In the video, Hardwick is seen toying with the juice box, and acknowledging it was absent of any holes, he pours it into a clear glass. This is where we see "some kind of mold" come out.
Posted by Cameron Hardwick on Monday, September 24, 2018
"This was a treat for our three-year-old and it's just really not acceptable," Hardwick said in the video.
"Just wanted to pass [this] along to other parents and grandparents so you guys are aware of it too. I read about this in the past, but just kinda surprising it's still going on."
Since Hardwick posted the video, it has been shared more than 84,000 times and has more than 8,400 comments
"I love Caprisun [sic] my daughter and I both drink it. That's super gross and hopefully this issue gets resolved and know one gets harmed drinking any of these products," one Facebook user wrote.
"If anyone has worked in a factory. This stuff is massively produced it obviously lost the air to seal it. When not sealed it will mold. Companies are all about speed make as much as fast as you can," someone else chimed in.
Another added, "This is the second time I've seen a video about something nasty in CapriSun."
"We care deeply about this issue and about the well-being of our moms, dads and kids."
When the company caught wind of the allegation, Capri Sun spokeswoman Lynne Galia said the company's quality team tested the the juice box in question and confirmed that it was a puncture in the package caused the mold.
"We understand it's unpleasant, but the mold is naturally-occurring, just like if you left an apple on your counter for too long and mold begins to grow."
"She said the company introduced new packaging in 2014 that is clear on the bottom, so parents can check each Capri Sun for freshness."
"We also recommend gently squeezing each pouch to check for leaks before serving Capri Sun to their kids. Leaky or punctured pouches should be discarded."
On Capri Sun's website, the company acknowledges reports of mold in Capri Sun pouches.
Capri Sun also acknowledged the contamination of mold on its website, adding that parents should check to see if the "pouch is compromised."
"It's a common, naturally occurring food mold. Although it's rare, it is possible for food mold to grow inside containers of preservative-free juice drinks if the pouch is compromised or punctured in any way on its journey from our facilities to your grocery stores.
We care deeply about this issue and about the well-being of our moms, dads and kids. That's why we have invested millions of dollars in our packaging, quality and manufacturing processes to make our pouches even stronger and more resistant to air leaks.
We recommend that parents gently squeeze each pouch to check for leaks before serving Capri Sun to their kids. Any leaky or punctured pouches should be discarded."
Hopefully Hardwick's warning will make parents more diligent at double-checking what their children are consuming!
[H/T: NBC 4]