Fast food wasn’t ready for this but I made it anyways. If you thought the cronut was a big merger, you haven’t seen nothin yet!
It all starts like a regular onion ring then we stuff cheese between 2 onions. Take that and wrap it in burger. If that wasn’t enough, take that and batter it and deep fry it! Your work is done now enjoy your creation!
For onion rings:
- 1 large spanish onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ brick marble cheese, cut into thin strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups potato chips, crushed
- Oil for frying, or as needed
- Cut onions into ½ inch slices, then separate into rings. Take 2 rings, place cheese between rings. Wrap each ring with beef, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. In another small bowl, whisk the egg and milk.
- Dip the onion slices into the flour mixture until they are all coated. Dip the floured rings into the milk-egg mixture to coat, then coat the rings well in the crushed chips. The coating should cling very well. Repeat with remaining rings.
- Deep fry the rings a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately with desired dippers, like ketchup and/or mustard. Enjoy!