Love lasagna, but don't love the hassle that comes along with making it? This One Pot Lasagna Soup takes all the complication out of a layered lasagna, and instead you can make it all in one pot!
We used this gorgeous Ballarini Treviso Sautee Pan because we needed to use something with superhero non-stick abilities so our soup didn't stick while simmering. This particular pan was the perfect size and cooked our soup beautifully. Don't forget to top your bowls off with some creamy ricotta and mozzarella cheeses for that classic lasagna taste!
For the soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (24 oz.) jar pasta sauce
- 2-3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 7-10 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into approx. 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
For the cheese garnish
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
Heat large pan or pot of choice over medium high heat. Add beef and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until beef is browned. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat.
Add pasta sauce, 2 cups chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, spices and lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, stirring occasionally (approximately 20-30 minutes).
Stir in heavy cream (optional) and 1 more cup chicken broth to reach desired consistency.
Garnish individual servings with desired amount of cheeses.