Summer calls for colorful food and fresh flavors, and this pineapple salsa definitely fits the bill! Just one bite of this crunchy, juicy, sweet and spicy salsa will have you hooked - not to mention it looks gorgeous served in a pineapple bowl.
Not a huge fan of chips and salsa? No problem! This recipe is as versatile as it is delicious. Try using it as a topper for grilled chicken or fish, as a garnish for tacos, nachos and fajitas, or serve it up as a side salad with your next meal. The possibilities are practically endless. How will you try it?
Here's how to make it at home.
- Whole pineapple
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup peppers, diced (any combination of red, orange, yellow or green peppers)
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- â…“ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 2 limes
- Salt and Pepper
- Optional: 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- To make the pineapple bowl, cut about â…“ of the pineapple off, leaving the stem attached to the larger piece of the pineapple. Make a cut around the outer edge of the pineapple fruit and make cuts across the middle too. Use a metal spoon to loosen and scoop out the pineapple chunks. Pour the extra juice out of the pineapple bowl so that it is empty.
- Dice enough of the pineapple chunks to make one cup of diced pineapple to be used for the salsa and save the rest for another use.
- In a small bowl, mix together diced pineapple, diced tomatoes, diced peppers, minced onions, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the salsa to the pineapple bowl for serving.
Grab your spoon and dig in!