Teach your kids the value of saving with this easy-to-make craft! These Kleenex Piggy Banks are a super cute addition to any kid's room, plus they're a great way to save money by reusing old tissue boxes. We made ours shaped like a pig, but you can experiment with making this in the shape of any animals you like!
- Pink paper
- Empty tissue box (square or rectangle will work)
- 1 pink pipe cleaner
- 2 googly eyes
- 4 white cotton balls
- Glue stick
- Markers (dark pink and black)
- Clear tape
- Xacto knife
- White glue
- 1 medium foam adhesive
- Trace kleenex box edges onto pink construction paper and cut out the pieces. With paper scraps cut out 2 ears and an oval for the snout.
- Glue the cut out construction paper pieces to the empty kleenex box using glue stick.
- Using pink marker color in the middle portion of the ear and using glue stick adhere them to the top of the piggy banks face. Using black marker draw 2 dots for nostrils and adhere to piggy bank using foam adhesive.
- Using glue stick adhere googly eyes between snout and ears.
- Take pipe cleaner and wrap it around a pencil and slide it off to create a curly tail. Gently push pipe cleaner tail through the back of piggy bank.
- Using white glue, adhere cotton balls to bottom of piggy bank for legs.
- Cut a slit in the top for collecting change using an x-acto knife.
- You're done! Time to get saving!