No matter where or who you are, I bet there’s nothing better than finding a staple that is easy to prepare and healthy at the same time. Today we are going to talk about rice, an ingredient that, apart from being simple to prepare and good for your health, is delicious and really versatile.
Let’s see why
There’s no news, rice is a great source of carbohydrates. But the good thing about it is that it can be paired with a huge variety of types of food that can make your dish even healthier and more varied. Meat, fish, vegetables, beans: you name it, rice pairs it.
Let’s take the example of rice and seafood. Well-known among Mediterranean and Japanese cuisines, the combination of rice and fish or seafood is one of the most famous around the globe. So, if you choose this match, you are going to nurture yourself with lean, which is a high quality protein, apart from the carbs that rice offers.
If you relish this sort of recipes, you should check this link https://riceselect.com/recipe/bangkok-rice-shrimp-salad. You are going to find an exquisite shrimp salad that is going to blow your mind!
Are you looking for any other options?
If you are a fan of vegetables, don’t worry! Rice also provides choices for you.
It is always a good idea to chop your favorite veggies, sauté them in a pan and mix them with a cup of cooked rice. It is ideal for those days on which you feel like having something quick and healthy for lunch and you don’t know what to prepare.
Take it to the next level
If you have gotten a little bit bored of making that simple and practical recipe again and again, you may want to give that dish a twist.
Today, you are going to learn to make an extra vegetable fried rice recipe that is going to make your mouth melt!
What you are going to need
- 3 ½ teaspoons of safflower oil, divided.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 small onion.
- 2 medium carrots.
- 2 cups of broccoli.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- A pinch of red pepper flakes.
- 2 cups of cooked rice.
- 1 cup of spinach.
- 3 green onions.
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.
Step by step
- First of all, try to chop all the veggies beforehand. This way, you are going to save some time and the dish will be ready in no longer than 30 minutes.
- Then, take a saucepan and warm it up over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes. Add 1 ½ teaspoon of oil and move the saucepan so that it is completely coated with it.
- After that, scramble and whisk the eggs and add them to the saucepan. Cook them, stirring occasionally, until they are lightly set. Transfer the eggs to a bowl.
- The next step is to clean the saucepan and add 1 tablespoon of oil together with the onion and carrots. Cook them until they become tender. It should take about 5 minutes. Stir a little bit if necessary.
- Then, add the broccoli and season the preparation with salt. Stir occasionally and continue cooking it until all the vegetables are cooked through. Meanwhile, break up the scrambled eggs into smaller pieces. You can use a spatula or a fork to do that.
- Once everything is cooked, transfer the mixture to the bowl with the eggs. Take the saucepan back to the heat and add the rest of the oil. Add the garlic, the red pepper flakes and the ginger. Cook for about 30 seconds. Stir in the rice and cook everything for about 5 minutes. The rice should be golden.
- Finally, add the spinach and the green onions. Stir in the cooked vegetables and the eggs. Take the saucepan out from the heat and add the soy sauce and the sesame oil. Serve it immediately!
- If you want to spice the dish up, you should add some chili-garlic sauce drops to it. It will give a distinctive spicy flavor to the recipe.
- The dish can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Always remember to cover it with a lid.
- You can play around a little bit with the ingredients and replace the broccoli for some cabbage, or the spinach for kale. Don’t be afraid of being creative!