It's college basketball season, and you need that perfect meal to serve on game day! Win over the crowd with this delicious Deconstructed Burrito Casserole, made with the authentic flavors of Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, and Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans, available at Walmart. The layering in this casserole makes it hearty and scrumptious, with the authentic Mexican-style flavors of Ro*Tel vine-ripened tomatoes and zesty green chilies blended with a savory mixture of secret spices.
For more game day recipe ideas, check out Ro*Tel's contest here. Choose your favorite recipe at the link for a chance to win, and you could take home a new flat screen TV, a slow cooker, $100 gift card for collegiate basketball gear, or a $50 Walmart gift card! Enter once a day and share your favorite recipe picks with all your friends - there are three rounds of draws, so don't miss your chance to win big! Read on to make this Deconstructed Burrito Casserole, and don't forget to vote daily to win with Ro*Tel!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 "“ 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion,diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 of a cup of water
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 24 corn tortillas, toasted
- 2 cans Ro*tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, divided by 3
- 14 ounces Verde Salsa, divided by 3
- 1 can Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans
- 8 ounces Colby-jack cheese, shredded and divided by 4
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded and divided by 4
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- chopped cilantro, garnish
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges, if desired
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large metal skillet over medium heat before adding sliced chicken breasts, cook chicken about 5 minutes or so then add diced onion, cook, till chicken is done "“ about another 7 minutes. Add the juice of 1 lime, 1/4 of a cup of water, and 1 package of taco seasoning. Cook another 4-5 minute on low. Remove from heat, let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide chicken into two bowls, then shred.
- Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add a layer of 6 corn tortillas, 1/2 of chicken breast, 1/3 of a can of Ro*tel tomatoes, 1/3 of the verde salsa, 1/4 of each cheese. Repeat layer 1 more time.
- The next layer you will do will be a layer of Rosarita refried beans on top of the corn tortillas and 1/4 of each cheese, the final 1/3 of Ro*tel tomatoes, final 1/3 of verde salsa, top with final layer of corn tortillas, place the final amount of both cheeses on top of casserole, cover with tin foil and cook about 18 minutes covered and 3-5 minutes uncovered.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- May be topped with diced avocado, diced tomatoes, .chopped cilantro, and sour cream if desired.
This was a sponsored post in partnership with Mirum. All opinions are our own.