Here's an idea for dinner, a fun twist on the classic comfort favorite we all know and love....Shepherd's Pie Potatoes! These tasty, buttery, melt in your mouth potatoes will have your entire family coming back for second's. A quick and easy recipe great for any night of a busy week - give them a try tonight!
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 cups frozen veggie mix
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- Salt to taste
- Over high heat in a large pan add beef, onion and garlic, cooked until beef is browned and onions have softened.
- Sprinkle flour over top and stir.
- Add veggies, broth, salt, thyme and oregano. Reduce heat to medium and stir until sauce thickens, remove from heat and set aside.
- Poke potatoes with fork and microwave for 10 min, flipping them halfway.
- When cooked cut off the tops and remove all the inside into a bowl, add cream, chives and butter; mash until combined.
- Place hollowed potatoes in an oven safe dish and fill to the top with meat mixture. Pipe or spoon mash on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees until the tops are nice and golden.
- Serve immediately!