Having a home cooked meal after a long day of work is never an easy task, whether you have children or not. Slow cookers are the answer to this growing epidemic and this Chicken Cacciatore recipe is a sure winner!
This Slow cooker dish will keep your chicken juicy and on top of that your sauce will be hot and ready to go as soon as you’re home. The only thing to do is boil up some of your favorite noodles and dig in!
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spaghetti or other noodles
- Dice bell pepper and onion into small pieces.
- Oil the inside of slow cooker well, pour remaining olive oil into bottom.
- Layer chicken, peppers, and onions in the slow cooker.
- Add garlic and seasonings.
- Salt and pepper to taste (you can always add more at the end if needed).
- Pour crushed tomatoes to cover contents.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for about 2 hours.
- Boil noodles according to package directions.
- Serve chicken and sauce over noodles.