It is soup season! Time to get all warm and cozy with a yummy bowl of hot soup while the weather gets unpleasantly chilly. The easiest and best way to make all these soups? Slow cookers!
Using a slow cooker means you don't have to do as much! Just drop in your ingredients and go to work, and you will come home to the perfect meal. The winter is long so you are going to need some new recipes to try out, and we have you covered. Try this Chicken Tortilla Soup and you are going to love it!
- 1 1/2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth (4 1/2 cups)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla strips or tortilla chips (for serving)
- Shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese (for serving)
Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into the slow cooker with your onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and salt and pepper.
Then, add the chicken breasts into the slow cooker, making sure each is submerged.
Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or until chicken is done. Remove the chicken and shred it into small pieces and return it to the slow cooker.
Add the black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice to your soup, mixing it in.
Cook until heated through and serve with cheese and tortilla chips or strips and enjoy!