Muscle soreness is not uncommon, especially after rigorous movements or heavy lifting. Sometimes you might also experience a sore back after sitting for long hours, sleeping in a weird position, or maintaining bad posture.
Usually time and a soak in the tub will bring you relief, but if you've been experiencing chronic pain in your muscles, then there could be a much more serious issue, like arthritis, the flu, fibromylgia, or lyme disease, that's causing it.
In addition to medication and stretches, there are other types of natural treatments that will relieve you of pain.
I recently found out that my back ache was being caused by the chair I've been sitting on at work. Although I was given a new chair, it took a while for the soreness in my back to cease, so to speed up the process I started using a homemade rub that works wonders.
The rub, made up of common ingredients you can find in your kitchen, works by penetrating deep into your muscles, forcing them to relax.
In addition to the muscles, this run will also soothe your bones and joints. Trust me, it is a lifesaver!
The reason why the rub works so well is that it is made with all-natural ingredients that have proven medicinal benefits. Coconut oil, which has anti-inflammatory properties, is great for soothing muscle, bone, and joint pain by boosting blood circulation.
Cayenne pepper is also effective in boosting blood flow. It also contains capsaicin, an active component that is believed to soothe muscle soreness, arthritis, and lower back pain.
Turmeric and ginger are the remaining main ingredients that make this rub super effective. Both have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce swelling and pain.
Ready to get started?
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grated beeswax
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ginger or turmeric
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops peppermint oil
- A glass jar/ container
1. Place the coconut oil and the grated beeswax into a glass jar, then put the jar in a saucepan with around 2 inches of water. Set the burner to medium heat.
2. Once the liquids have melted, add the cayenne, ginger or turmeric and stir to combine.
3. Take the jar out of the saucepan and let it sit until it's slightly cooler.
4. Add the lavender and peppermint essential oils, then mix well before pouring it into a container to store.
5. Allow the mixture to set before using.
You can use the rub whenever you feel pain in your muscles or joints. It's best if you use it at nighttime before you go to bed, so it can work its magic overnight.
(H/T: Dr. Axe)