Football Sundays at the ready! This Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect thing to impress a crowd.
It’s so easy to make this using leftover or rotisserie chicken - stir it all up and make a bread bowl to eat out of. This dish is an absolute touchdown!
- 1 large loaf French bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon each chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 3 cups packed shredded chicken (about 1 1/2 pounds)
For the optional garnishes:
- 6-8 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice about 2 inches deep through the top of the bread, and continue to cut a large rectangle, being careful not to cut through the bottom of the bread. Remove top of bread and hollow out middle to create a rectangular bread bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and hot sauce and all spices/seasonings until well combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cheddar and 3/4 cup mozzarella followed by shredded chicken.
- Spoon Buffalo Chicken Dip into prepared French bread and top with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake on a baking tray for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Let bread sit approximately 10 minutes to set and slightly cool then slice. Best served warm.