With April Fools' Day coming up, you might be looking for that perfect harmless prank to get your friends and family. Well, we've got you covered! These Mashed Potato Sundaes look like ice cream sundaes...but they're savory instead!
We topped our "ice cream" with gravy, fried onions, beef tips, and peppadew peppers for the "cherry," but feel free to experiment with your own toppings to get the "sundae" look. The best part? You can eat it after all the laughs!
For the mashed potatoes
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
For the "sundaes"
- Peppadew peppers
- Beef tips
- French's fried onions
- For the potatoes, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain.
- While potatoes are still warm, return them to the pot, then add your butter and milk. Using a potato masher or electric beater, slowly blend milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop out your mashed potatoes into sundae dishes. Carefully drizzle gravy, then top with beef tips and fried onions.
- Add a small peppadew pepper as the "cherry" on top, and enjoy pranking your friends and family!