Say it slowly with me one time: "Maple Chai Smoothie Bowl" ... Doesn't it just get your mouth watering? The naturally sweet taste of maple syrup, smoothly blended with an aromatic dose of spicy cinnamon chai makes this smoothie simply sensational!
Packed with high-protein toppings like seeds and nuts, this makes for a healthy and easy to prepare snack. It's a great way to use up odds and ends from the cupboard, and is highly customizable to your tastes... don't be afraid to experiment with different spices or toppings here! This smoothie bowl calls for a little adventurousness
For the smoothie bowl
- 1 large banana, peeled, frozen, and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- ½ teaspoon chai spice blend (below)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4-5 large ice cubes
- Toppings: granola, hemp seeds, toasted unsweetened coconut, pumpkin seeds, nuts, and/or berries
For the chai spice blend
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
To make the smoothie bowl, combine the banana, maple syrup, chia seeds, almond butter, chai spice blend, almond milk, and ice in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into a bowl and add desired toppings.