Time to get chopping! We're getting into that time of year when everyone wants to eat outside to enjoy the nice weather. Backyard BBQs are always full of hot dogs, hamburgers and steaks...but what about the veggies?
This Seven-Layer Salad is a delicious way to get your fill of veggies, without having to suffer through a boring, tasteless salad. I'm not a big fan of salads - I know they're healthy...but a burger just tastes so much better!
This salad packs a serious flavor punch with the bacon, cheese and hard-boiled eggs. Make it in a clear bowl or trifle dish to really show off the different layers. It will look like you spent hours making this recipe, when it actually all comes together super quick.
This salad is easily customizable, but we went with the classic ranch-style ingredients this time around. Serve this up with your hot dogs and hamburgers, and you’ve got a meal to remember!
Check out the recipe below and let us know how it turns out!
Cook the bacon and the eggs.
Chop up all your ingredients and layer them in your bowl or trifle dish.
Drizzle ranch dressing over top of the salad.
Your salad is now ready to serve! Enjoy!
See below for the easy-to-read instructions for how to make this Seven-Layered Salad.
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped or thinly sliced
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Ranch dressing, for drizzling
- In a large trifle dish or serving bowl, layer lettuce, peppers, green onions, eggs, cheddar, peas, and bacon. Season with pepper.
- Drizzle with ranch before serving.
Do you know someone who would love this salad? Make sure to share this recipe with them!
Check out the video below that shows you how to make this delicious salad!