Oh man, I sure do like food from the southwest, and this Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad is no exception. It's like the yummiest chicken taco you ever had just exploded into a bowl and got called a salad…yes, please - that's one zesty fiesta of flavor!
It's packed with protein, omega 3s, and loaded with irresistible southwestern flavors from beans, corn, avocados, red onions, shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and of course, mouthwatering chopped chicken grilled to perfection! Yum!
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 1 1/2 cups black beans
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Handful chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely diced
- 2 heaping teaspoons taco seasoning
- salt, to taste and if needed
Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. If you're not serving it right away, add the tortilla chips last, right before serving.
Spoon dressing over salad, then give everything a big toss to combine. Serve cold.