It's time to update a family classic!
Try this Spaghetti with Chicken Bolognese loaded with meat and veggies that will please any picky eater.
This simple recipe is bursting with flavors that your whole family will love. Spaghetti is always a favorite in my house, so this is a great chance to try something new with this classic dish.
For the Bolognese Sauce:
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1 Large Carrot, diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/2 Pounds Ground Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- 15 ounces of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Balsamic
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 pound cooked spaghetti
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Shaved Parmesan
- Warm a few teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Store your olive oil easily with the Staub Oil & Vinegar Set. It's such a beautiful set you won't want to hide it in your cupboard.
- Add onions, carrots and salt.
- Cook until the vegetables are softened and the onions are translucent, this should take about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and oregano. Continue cooking for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the ground chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until meat is browned breaking it up with your spoon. This Staub Olive Wood Spatula is perfect for getting your meat to the right consistency.
- Stir in tomato paste and coat all ingredients. Pour in wine and stir until it has been mostly absorbed.
- Pour in tomato sauce, let mixture come to a rapid simmer, and then turn down the heat to let sauce cook while you make the pasta.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Stir the balsamic into the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of basil and Parmesan.