I know the feeling - it's the New Year, you've got healthy resolutions, and you can't wait to get to it! But, it can be so hard to find recipes that are both healthy and yummy.
Introducing Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps. You won't miss the carbs, and the lean ground turkey in this cuts away at the fat content. These "tacos" are seriously delicious - feel free to experiment with your favorite toppings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
- Shredded Mexican cheese, salsa, diced red onion, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, sour cream, for serving
Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes.
Add turkey and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing and breaking up turkey occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until sauce has reduced.
Serve mixture over lettuce leaves with desired toppings.