Grilled cheese sandwiches are having a moment right now. We’ve been obsessed with our Grilled Cheese BLT, and now this?!
This Grilled Cheese Burger is the best of so many worlds, and you just won’t be able to get enough once you give it a try. Top it all off with your favorite toppings and garnishes for a dinner you won’t soon forget.
- 4 slices of white bread
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 4 slices processed cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Onion, sliced thinly
- Pickles, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Ketchup & mustard
- Spread butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. Place bread butter side down in a pan over medium heat.
- Place 2 slices cheese on each bread and top with another slice of bread (butter side up).
- Cook until golden, flip and cook until golden again. Keep grilled cheeses in oven on warm until ready to assemble burger.
- Form beef into a patty and cook 4-5 minutes per side, season with salt and pepper.
- Allow burger to rest for 2 minutes then assemble your burger using grilled cheese sandwiches as buns.
- Add any toppings you'd like!