Pickles are super on-trend this summer, and our taste buds couldn’t be happier. This recipe for Bacon-Wrapped Pickle-Stuffed Hot Dogs is so easy to put together, and is a dish the whole family will love.
Bake these in the oven or throw them on the BBQ for some smoky flavor. You won’t be able to get enough of the bacon-pickle-cheese combo that elevates these regular hot dogs to new heights!
- 6 hot dogs
- 12 slices bacon
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- Whole pickle spears
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with foil and set a wire rack on top, or preheat BBQ to medium heat. Spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Prepare hot dogs by making a slit down the middle (make sure not to cut all the way through!), carefully spreading the middle.
- Slice cheese into long rectangles, and cut pickle spears lengthwise into quarters. Stuff cheese and a sliced pickle into the opened up middle of a hot dog.
- Tightly wrap one slice of bacon around a stuffed hot dog. Continue with a second slice of bacon and keep wrapping, slightly overlapping with the first slice.
- Secure both ends of the bacon-wrapped hot dog with toothpicks, then place cut side-up on prepared wire rack on cookie sheet. If using a BBQ, place the wrapped hot dogs directly on grate.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until bacon is crispy, or grill 10-15 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and cooked through. Enjoy!