Your Thanksgiving spread won’t be complete without these Individual Sweet Potato Casseroles! These are so easy to make with a couple of sweet potatoes feeding your entire guestlist!
A little brown sugar and pecan is a classic topping for these yams, and you’ll be amazed at how buttery soft these are. Make these for dinner and you won’t regret it!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the topping:
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a pot and fill with enough water to cover them.
- Bring water to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove sweet potatoes from water and cut them into 1 ½-inch slices and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Slide the peel off of the sweet potato slices. Sit end pieces of the potatoes to the side.
- Use a spoon to take a scoop out of the center of each sweet potato slice, making sure not to go through the bottom.
- In a small bowl mash the scooped out portions and the end pieces of the sweet potatoes, together with the brown sugar, orange juice, and cinnamon.
- Stuff the sweet potato mash back into the sweet potato slices.
- Make the topping by mixing the brown sugar, chopped pecans, butter and cinnamon together.
- Pour topping over each sweet potato slice.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and serve.