There's no doubt that firefighters have the toughest job on earth. They put their lives on the line every day, running into burning buildings to save innocent people.
As if that wasn't enough, they even save animals who are caught in fires and other dangerous situations. People like to joke about firefighters saving kittens from trees, but the truth is there's nothing sweeter than pictures of animals saved by these fearless heroes.
Let's hope if our pets are ever in danger, one of these firefighters will be there to save them. But if that does happen, hopefully they look more grateful than this:
1. A pregnant dog thanks the firefighter who saved her
2. This baby owl was orphaned, but at least his life was saved
3. They look tough, but these guys all have big hearts
4. Giving a rescued kitten oxygen
5. They'll even save pet frogs
6. And comfort pets after they survive something scary
7. Some pets are really grateful...
8. ...but others are hard to help
9. Even big animals get themselves into trouble
10. And sometimes there are armloads of critters to help
11. They don't just rescue the cute animals
12. Sometimes all these poor things need is a hug
13. And of course every owner appreciates their hard work
14. There are some weird cases too, like this deer caught in a drain pipe
15. Or this blind dog who fell in a lake
16. Or this DRAMATIC rescue of a whole duck family
17. They're just so caring, like this volunteer giving a koala a drink
18. At the end of the day, they do it all for faces like these
19. Big or small, these pets know who they can count on
Share this list if you think firefighters are heroes!
When a Thai family saw this helpless newborn in the middle of the road, they couldn't leave him behind. After searching everywhere for the mother, they decided he needed to be rescued. After spotting the telling marks on his body, they knew they needed to call a special rescue group to retrieve the tiny cat. Wildlife Friends Foundation ThailandWhen rescuers arrived, they confirmed that the kitten was probably just a few hours old. The family