Just when you thought things couldn't get any weirder....out comes Alphabet Soup Pie! The name says it all.....a saltine cracker crust, with gelatin alphabet soup...who wouldn't want to try this! Get the family gathered around the table, and give this recipe a try tonight!
- 1 ½ sleeves of saltine crackers
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 cans of alphabet soup
- 2 packets of unflavored gelatin
- Crumble crackers in a food processor, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add in softened butter and begin to knead it into the crackers.
- Press mixture into a pie pan.
- Chill for 10 minutes and then bake for 18 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow crust to chill in fridge.
- Meanwhile, In a large pot pour in water and then sprinkle the gelatin on over top. Allow gelatin to bloom in the water, about 5-10 minutes.
- Once gelatin has bloomed, stir together lightly.
- Place the pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium, then keep stirring occasionally until the gelatin has completely dissolved, and the mixture is quite smooth and liquidy.
- Turn off the heat and add the Alphabet Soup to the pot. Mix until well-combined, then pour evenly into the cooled pie crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, crumble soda crackers and sprinkle over top of the pie.