If you haven't tried this, you haven't fully lived! Nothing beats a classic, good ol' mac and cheese! WAIT WHAT? Correction: this bacon macaroni cheese cake sure does!
Enjoy a quick and easy spin on your favorite childhood classic. Reclaim your life and indulge yourself in this cheesy, noodley, goodness!
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces ricotta
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ pound elbow macaroni
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a springform pan with parchment paper and butter.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs and melted butter, then press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake about 10 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden brown. Turn heat down in the oven to 300 degrees. Set aside.
- Boil the macaroni according to box directions, about 1-2 minutes shy of al dente. It will continue cooking in the oven. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, ricotta, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Stir in the egg, milk, parsley, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add the boiled macaroni, stirring well to coat.
- Pour the macaroni and cheese mixture on top of the crust in the springform pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top, then sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese evenly over it.
- Bake at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes, then turn off the oven making sure to not open the door. Leave in the oven another 45 minutes.
- Take the cheesecake out and let sit about 20 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!