Meatball recipes are every family's best kept secret. I won’t divulge my real one but instead a totally crazy one with cheetos!
Spicy, spicy, spicy! If you like it hot this is the meatball for you! Light and tender chicken with spicy jalapeno and cayenne meatballs, encrusted in a crunchy cheetos breading! Almost forgot to mention it's stuffed with gooey cheese as well! A great appetizer for any party especially this football season!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 bag Crunchy Cheetos
- 8 ounces Velveeta
- 2 eggs + 4 for breading
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar marinara, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place cheetos in food processor and pulse until powdered.
- Mix beef, ¼ cup cheetos crumbs, eggs, salt, spices and jalapeno in a medium bowl until combined.
- Form golf ball-sized balls from the meat mixture, using your thumb make a well in the middle and place a cube of velveeta cheese in and fold meat over to seal cheese in.
- In 3 separate dishes have crushed Cheetos, eggs and flour. Carefully put meatballs in flour to coat then egg and lastly Cheetos.
- Place finished balls on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with warmed marinara sauce. Enjoy!