You might want to sit down for this...alright, ready? The latest and greatest "dessert" creation is here - this Ketchup & Mustard Cake will be sure to wow you and all your friends.
This mind blowing cake takes little to no time to make and with many items you probably already have at home! Make your next dinner party an event that will be talked about for weeks to come.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups mustard
- Yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven 350
- Prepare 2 (9 inch) springform cake pans and cover the bottoms with parchment.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Mix ketchup, water and food colouring in separate bowl until blended.
- Beat 3/4 cup butter and brown sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs, 1 at a time. Add flour mixture alternately with ketchup mixture, mixing well after each addition. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream your butter. Once smooth add mustard and mix for another 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time and food colouring until desired thickness and color.
- Ready, set, frost that ketchup cake!