Cheesecake Factory..... need I say more? I don't think I have walked into any other place and wanted to eat so much in such a short time. Adding that nostalgic treat with a childhood favorite cookie, their Oreo Cheesecake is to DIE for!
With a few simple twists and tricks, this copycat recipe is so easy, that if I can do, it anyone can! Treat your family (or yourself) to this delightfully decadent dessert this weekend!
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 23 Oreos, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream, at room temperature
- 6 Oreo cookies for the batter
- 9 Oreo cookies for the top of the cheesecake
- 9 inch Spring Form Pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With the filling intact, crush the oreos into fine crumbs. Mix in the melted butter and press into your spring form pan and build up the sides about 1 ½ inch. Set aside.
- Prior to mixing the filling, ensure all of your ingredients are at room temperature. Beat cream cheese until fluffy and light on a low setting.
- Gradually add the sugar and continue mixing until fully blended.
- Add in egg one at a time and continue mixing until blended.
- Add in vanilla, salt and flour into your cream cheese mixture and continue to blend until smooth.
- Lastly, pour in sour cream and continue to beat well.
- Once blended, fold in 6 coarsely chopped Oreos with a spatula.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into spring from pan and top with the remaining crushed Oreo's.
- Bake for one hour or until just the center is slightly jiggly.
- Once baking is finished, let set for overnight. For best results, let set for a full 24 hours prior to serving.