There isn't a child on this planet that doesn't love jumping and bouncing off of things.
It's in their nature to have fun, and, oftentimes, do some reckless things, which is why parents keep a close eye on their young children when they're playing.
Unfortunately, in a split second, something can go amiss that can endanger a child's life.
For example, earlier this month, a toddler's feet "melted" after playing at a splash pad.
These small water parks are specifically designed for kids to have fun in the hot summer months, but a step in the wrong direction resulted in second-degree burns on a little boy's feet.
Not too far from the splash pad was a metal electrical grate that reached temperatures of about 130 degrees Fahrenheit!
This summer, children have also been surprised by hidden fires in the sand and scalding hot water hoses.
Any parent reading these stories, but is still looking to find fun activities to do with their child, will definitely proceed with caution, or may just opt for indoor activities.
The reality is, indoor activities require just as much caution, and one mother had to learn the hard way.
Sarah Villanueva and Jesse Charbonneau took their four-year-old daughter, Maddie, to a trampoline park over the weekend expecting to have some fun before their little girl goes off to kindergarten.
The Canadian parents from Vancouver went to Extreme Air Park in New Westminster, where she broke her ankle in two places.
"She caught a bad bounce and she wasn't getting up right away," the father told CTV News. "Then she started screaming really loudly and I knew something was wrong."
Maddie's pain was so bad that she was given ketamine and morphine at the hospital.
She was also forced to undergo surgery, and her parents say she will be bound to a wheelchair for weeks.
"I'm going to be wheeling her in a wheelchair," the mother said. " She's going through so much pain but she's such a trooper."
Charbonneau said the staff were slow to respond to the incident, and when they did arrive, there were no trained staff members or first-aid kit.
The trampoline park has denied these accusations. They reviewed the footage and claim that Charbonneau caused his daughter's broken ankle.
"Our main rule is no double bouncing. Clearly the dad in white at the center of the video broke his own daughter's leg by not following the rules or using caution around his child," Extreme Air Parks said in an email.
The mother said she doesn't blame the company for what happened, but wasn't pleased by how they handled the situation.
"(Kids) do crazy things, they get in trouble and they get hurt and it's all part of life," she said. "This park, they're not doing anything "“ they haven't apologized, they haven't tried to be helpful."
Now she hopes there's more regulation so that less injuries like this occur. Why? Because this isn't the first time something like this has happened.
About a week ago, at another trampoline park, a three-year-old fell through the springs of a trampoline.
"My son took a 6 foot drop through their equipment and we had to track down an employee to come help, they were completely unequipped to deal with the situation and have yet to follow-up," Ravi Gill-Douglas wrote on Facebook.
And earlier this year, a 46-year-old man died after jumping into a foam pit at a trampoline park.
With more trampoline accidents every year, the American Academy of Pediatrics issued a warning to parents about the dangers of trampolines at home or parks.
"Pediatricians need to actively discourage recreational trampoline use," Dr. Michele LaBotz, co-author of the updated policy statement, said. "Families need to know that many injuries occur on the mat itself, and current data do not appear to demonstrate that netting or padding significantly decrease the risk of injury."