Baking soda may just be one of those 'do it all' kind of solutions! Have a stain? Baking soda. Have a smell? Baking soda. Have an itch? Baking soda! I could go on all day!
Here are some tips and tricks on how baking soda can replace so many other household products! Save yourself from dealing with endless cluttered cupboards and purge your home of all those smelly chemicals. Baking soda hacks are here to stay!
1. Sinks and Drains: sprinkle powder around the sink. Using a wet sponge, wipe around the sink moving the powder around. The grit from the soda will become a paste like cleaner and will remove rust build up in your sink. Sprinkle down the drain and let sit. Follow with hot water to remove any stinky debris.
2. Carpet Deodorizer: sprinkle powder on your carpet, let sit for 15 minutes and vacuum. The powder will eliminate odor causing bacteria and leave your house smelling fresh!
3. Fridge Freshener: using the soda box, gently prop open the pouring tab and place in the back of the fridge. The soda will help to absorb those stinky odors trapped inside the doors and keep your food fresher longer.
4. Natural Toothpaste: in a pinch? Forgot to pick up more toothpaste? No problem! Mix a little bit of baking soda with water or lemon juice to form a paste. Apply to your toothbrush as usual and brush away! Baking soda is also a natural whitening agent and will leave those pearly whites clean and fresh!
5. Garbage Freshener: sprinkle a little bit of baking soda in the bottom of a new garbage bag. The soda will help to absorb any foul smelling odors from your trash and keep your home smelling fresh!
6. Mattress Cleaner: sprinkle baking soda over your mattress and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Vacuum up the excess powder from the mattress. The baking soda will help to neutralize any bad smelling odors as help to absorb any stains as well. Nothing like sleeping on a nice clean bed!
7. Strengthen Nails: create a paste with lemon juice, water and baking soda. Apply to clean, dry nails. The baking soda will also help to remove any unwanted stains and discoloration as well!
8. Soothe Itchy Skin: create another paste! Mix water and soda to create a thick paste and apply directly onto irritated area. The baking soda and water creates a soothing sensation to any insect bite or irritated area.
9. Remove Wall Markings: create a paste with water.... again! The grit from the soda works as a gentle scrubbing agent for your walls without damaging the paint!
10. Whiten Laundry: add 1/2 cup into your next load of whites. It helps to brighten whites and remove stains without damaging the integrity of your most delicate fabrics.