Girl Dies After Using Deodorant Like "It Was Going Out Of Fashion"


Girl Dies After Using Deodorant Like "It Was Going Out Of Fashion"

The Daughtry family has been left stunned after their 12-year-old daughter, Paige, died from using too much deodorant.

According to her family, Paige was obsessed with spraying herself using aerosol deodorant and used it as though it was "going out of fashion."

It's believed that she overused the product so much in her room, that the butane and isobutane from the fumes caused her to pass out on her bed. Her parents found her face down and Paige was rushed to the hospital. She died two hours later, despite numerous attempts to save her.

Daily Mail

According to the forensic pathologist, Dr. Jonathan Metcalfe, Paige's cause of death was '"inhalation of volatile substances."

"Analysis of brain samples revealed two substances present in aerosols - they are known as volatile substances. They are known to be present in deodorant which was present at the scene," Dr. Metcalfe said. "Their presence is consistent with inhalation. Death may result from the toxicological effects. The substances are butane and isobutane. There was no natural disease that has contributed to her death."

There was no evidence of chronic use, meaning she wasn't huffing the fumes on purpose.

"She would spend hours in the bedroom and would spray and spray as she didn't want to smell," said Mrs Daughtry. "She used to spray it in small rooms and I used to tell her off. I suppose that's something every 12-year-old girl would do, spraying deodorant. But she was overusing deodorant - it was more than we would have expected any girl to put on."

Paige Daughtry died after inhaling an excessive amount of fumes from a Right Guard deodorant product. Alibaba

After a police investigation, coroner Alan Wilson said, "This is the unintentional consequences of a deliberate act. Paige was inhaling the fumes from the deodorant but what she didn't [intend] is the consequences. It's most likely that inhaling those fumes has most probably led to her heart rhythm being affected and led to her death."

Paige's family is left heartbroken, and parents are left with a warning to make sure kids understand the consequences of their actions, regardless of how extreme you may think it is.

Rest in peace, Paige.

Meagan has an intense love for Netflix, napping, and carbs.