Bring the south straight into your kitchen with this Kentucky Hot Brown Casserole! This cheesy, tasty dish gives comfort food a whole new meaning!
Give this casserole a try at your next brunch, and just listen to the comments that come rolling in. This recipe is bound to be a repeat for upcoming events!
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar divided
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese divided
- 2 1/4 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices of texas toast
- 2 lbs of sliced turkey
- 8 slices of bacon, cooks and cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in flour stirring together for about 1 minute.
- Slowly add in milk while continuing to stir until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and add in half the white cheddar, and half the swiss cheese. Stir until cheese has melted into the sauce.
- Add in salt and pepper, and give the sauce another stir. Set aside.
- In your greased dish, place bread slices in the bottom and then add a layer of turkey slices over top.
- Spoon sauce mixture over top of the turkey slices, and then top with the remaining shredded cheeses.
- Sprinkle paprika over the entire dish.
- Place into the oven, and allow to broil for about 5 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Garnish with bacon, tomatoes and parsley.
- Enjoy and eat while warm!
Do you know someone who would love this delicious casserole? Make sure to share this recipe with them!
Check out our video below that shows you step by step how to make this tasty meal.