If you are looking for a delicious, new take on the tried and true roasted carrot side dish, this is it.
We know by now that pretty much everything tastes better with bacon and vegetables are not excluded! These salty and sweet Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Carrots will satisfy all your cravings in one.
It's probably one of the best ways to sneak some veggies into your picky eater's supper. This simple little side dish will have them forgetting in an instant that they "don't like carrots."
Whether you bake them in the oven or fry them in a pan, this delicious side is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
- 2 pounds carrots, well scrubbed or peeled
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Wrap the carrots in the bacon.
In the Oven:
2. Arrange on a wire rack on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven for 20-30 minutes,
3. Halfway through, glaze them with maple syrup,
4. Bake until the bacon is crispy and the carrots are tender.
On the Stove:
2. Roast/Fry the bacon wrapped carrots in a skillet over medium heat 20-30 minutes,
3. Halfway through, glaze with maple syrup,
4. Bake until bacon is crispy and carrots are tender.
Wrap the bacon around peeled carrots:
Arrange carrots on a wire rack and roast:
Brush with maple syrup halfway through:
Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!
Don't forget to Like & Share!