Peeps are a classic Easter treat, and while I don't personally see the appeal of a marshmallow covered in sugar, apparently people actually enjoy eating them. I'd take a bag of Mini Eggs over Peeps any day, but I digress.
Usually, Peeps come in three flavors: pink, yellow, and blue. YES I am attributing color to flavor, because that's the only defining factor between the treats. Last year at Easter, they tried to revamp their popular snack by teaming up with Oreos to make a Peeps flavored cookie.
The new flavor of cookie hit in March 2017, just in time for the Easter season. Because nothing says Easter like an artificially flavored cookie that uses artificial flavor to replicate an artificial flavor. They looked like a child's bubble-gum flavored glitter toothpaste between two cookies, but people still ate them.
The cookies reportedly turned one customer's poop bright pink, while others had pink spit.
"My roommate ate a whole pack of Oreo Peeps and left a pink stain in the toilet," claims one Twitter user.
"My spit looks like Pepto-Bismol," said another, hours after eating the cookies.
"This is the type of food dye where an hour later, when I went to brush my teeth, IT TURNED MY TOOTHBRUSH PINK," said an online food reviewer.
So let's hope that they've learned their lesson when rolling out these eight new flavors.
Peeps released their new flavor options, and where you'll be able to find them!
- Mystery Flavor #1
- Mystery Flavor #2
- Mystery Flavor #3
All the mystery flavors are described as "Are they sweet, salty, zesty or tangy?"
Lemon Sherbet Delights
- "Fluffy lemon sherbet flavored marshmallow dipped in decadent crème flavored fudge make these Delights so refreshingly delicious, you can't stop at just one."
Orange Sherbet Delights
- "Add a little sunshine to your Easter celebration with Orange Sherbet Delights, featuring tasty orange sherbet flavored marshmallow, dipped in decadent crème flavored fudge."
Neapolitan Filled Delights
- PEEPS Neapolitan Delights, featuring strawberry flavored marshmallow filled with a ribbon of decadent chocolate and dipped in creamy white fudge, are a delicious dessert treat.
Pancakes & Syrup
- "Whether you enjoy them for breakfast or as a special treat any time of the day, PEEPS Pancakes & Syrup flavored marshmallow chicks are a delicious, one-of-a-kind taste sensation that you won't want to miss."
This flavor is most likely available at all locations, because PEEPS hasn't specified an exclusive retailer.
- "Our Sour Cherry Flavored Marshmallow Chicks are a unique and tasty marshmallow treat with a powerful burst of sour cherry flavor in every bite. They're the PEEPS that make you pucker! So, pucker up and try some today!"