The baked potato has been around for quite a while, same with hamburgers. For some reason I’ve never thought to put these two things together! Until right now!
Just think of a perfect potato skin, with gooey cheese, salty bacon, sour cream and fancify it with some chopped chives! Now slap a juicy beef burger in the middle and you've got the latest and greatest bar snack ever created! Cut out the burger and have a gluten-free healthy option!
Want more burgers? Check out:
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350. Season potatoes with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Bake until tender, 1 hour. Raise oven temperature to 450º.
- Let potatoes cool completely, then halve lengthwise and scoop out potatoes, leaving 1/4" potato on all sides.
- Place potato skins facedown. Bake until golden, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shape ground beef into burgers to fit inside hollowed out potato. Season with salt and pepper and cook until medium, 5 minutes per side.
- Flip and fill 1 half of the potato skins with bacon and cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melty, 5 minutes.
- Fill the other half of the skins with sour cream and chives, then top one with a cooked burger and another potato skin.