Pickles are all the rage nowadays so let’s get weird and try some new ideas! A new take on deep fried pickles that can be done with little effort for your next party!
Look, when you put pickles, cheese, bacon and wrap it up in pizza dough good things happen. Chew from the dough, gooeyness from the cheese, smokiness from the bacon and well pickliness from the pickle! This will be a conversation starter while they last!
- 6 large Pickles
- 9 mozzarella cheese strings
- 9 slices thick cut Bacon - cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic - minced
- 1 Tube Pillsbury pizza dough
- 18 small skewers
- 18 pickle slices for garnish(optional)
- Cut the ends of the pickles off and cut pickles into 3 equal pieces. Using apple corer hollow out pickle pieces. Pat pickle pieces down with paper towel to dry them off.
- Cut cheese strings in three and put each piece inside hollowed pickle piece.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured work surface, cut into 18 equal sized pieces, wrap stuffed pickles in pizza dough and form a ball: place on parchment lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in large frying pan, when cooked remove bacon and set on paper towel. Add garlic to bacon fat, cook for 30 sec.
- Brush cooked bombs with bacon fat, bake at 400 for 10 - 15min or until golden.
- Garnish with bacon, Enjoy!