Pizza pockets were all the rage when I was growing up and I think they still are, but I was tired of eating the same old pizza this and pizza that flavors. Time for a change!
Chicken pot pie on the go was my inspiration and as luck would have it, it’s delicious! Creamy chicken and fresh green onions wrapped in flaky crescent dough is a match made in heaven!
- 2 cans crescent roll dough
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 package Italian dressing mix
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot on medium heat, mix together cream cheese, condensed soup, and Italian dressing mix.
- In a large bowl, pour in most of the cream cheese mixture, reserving a small amount to pour on top after baking.
- Add the chicken and green onions to the bowl and mix until well-combined, then set aside.
- Roll out the crescent dough, then scoop some of the chicken mixture into each segment, rolling up tightly so there are no open seams. Repeat with remaining crescent dough segments.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until dough is cooked through and golden brown.
- Drizzle on the remaining gravy and serve warm.