Sylvester Stallone is the latest Hollywood actor to be accused of sexual assault. Celebrity news site TMZ reported that a woman had recently filed a police report against Stallone for allegedly raping her 27 years ago.
Santa Monica police did not disclose any details, but a spokesperson confirmed that they were investigating the complaint and will pass all information to the district attorney.
The unnamed woman told the police that the Rocky star assaulted her during a 1990 meeting in his office.
Stallone and his legal team said that the woman's claims were "completely fabricated."
"My client categorically disputes the claim," the actor's attorney, Martin Singer, said in a statement. Singer also revealed that Stallone would be taking legal action against the woman for allegedly filing a false report.
The actor has remained quiet since the accusations, but he has finally broken his silence in an exclusive interview with RadarOnline.
Although Stallone admitted to having previously met the woman while filming a movie in Israel in 1987, he denied seeing her in 90s and insisted that he did not rape her.
Stallone, who is also a father of three, revealed that he is concerned about how the accusation will impact his reputation.
"That never happened," the Rambo actor told RadarOnline. "It's one thing to go after me. But they really attack the innocent "” the people that are going along with their lives, their reputations are sullied by this."
He added, "They are carrying the burden of a lie for the rest of their lives. Cruel is cruel. You don't have to make things up."
This isn't the first time that the actor has been accused of sexual assault. In November, he was accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old fan in 1986. According to the police report, Stallone allegedly invited the teenage to his hotel room in Las Vegas and forced her into having a threesome with his bodyguard, Mike De Luca.
The victim said that the men told her not to tell anyone about the incident or else "they would have to beat her head in."
The girl later signed a non-prosecution form and dropped the charges against Stallone and De Luca.
"I'm humiliated and ashamed, but I don't want to prosecute," said the unnamed woman. "I don't want anybody else to have that happen to them, but I don't want to prosecute. I cannot talk about this anymore. Please leave me alone."
At the time, the actor did not comment on the allegations, but his rep issued a statement to Us Weekly calling the claims "ridiculous" and "categorically false."
"No one was ever aware of this story until it was published today, including Mr. Stallone," the statement continued. "At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted by authorities or anyone else regarding this matter."
In the end, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office has decided there is not enough evidence to prosecute "Rocky" actor Sylvester Stallone over allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman in 1987 and 1990, according to an agency document released on Tuesday.
The allegations from a woman in Santa Monica, California, also are outside of the statute of limitations, officials said in a charge evaluation worksheet by the district attorney's office seen by Reuters. The document said the victim, whose name was blacked out, stated that she and Stallone had a consensual relationship in 1987. The complainant's name has never been publicly released.
The victim alleged Stallone then sexually assaulted her in 1987 and 1990 and provided witnesses, the document said. "However, none of the fresh complaint witnesses corroborated victim's allegations," the document said. "Additional investigation did not provide any further corroboration."