I am getting tired of cooking. I am also in need of easy recipes during this coronavirus lockdown.
Looking at my newsfeed, it seems like everyone I know has become a chef and sourdoughs are everywhere. Am I jealous? Maybe a little, but I'm not feeling motivated enough to do anything about it. I have a nice little routine of walking my dog and cleaning that is just about all I can handle right now.
That's when I came across a surprising recipe that I hadn't thought of in years. It seems as though I'm not the only one who has been feeling unmotivated in the kitchen department. The original post got more than 27,000 shares and has hit my newsfeed three times in the past two days.
Let me introduce you to the "Best Four Ingredient Meatloaf".
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing (any flavor)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup (or more if you'd like)
- 1/2 cup water (or a little more if your beef is super lean)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread loaf pan.
- In a bowl (not a cup), mix together all of the ingredients, but set aside half of the ketchup for later.
- Now fill the pan with your mixture.
- Top it with the remaining ketchup and spread it evenly over the top. You can also use BBQ sauce, chili sauce or a combination of sauces.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Every oven varies so keep your eye on the loaf.Enjoy!
Commenters advise waiting a few minutes before slicing it up. Can be served with mashed potatoes, veggies or anything thing else you'd like!
You can also add anything else to the mixture that you happen to have on hand (onions, garlic, cheese, spices, herbs, etc.) This is the base recipe, and really all you need, but there's no harm in making it your way. Also the recipe has been made with 1/2 cup of milk in place of the eggs and water.