Sometimes the most unexpected combinations can make for the most delicious recipes. As it turns out, Cheetos and turkey go together perfectly! The Cheetos make the perfect crunchy, crispy crust with just the right amount of heat. Are you brave enough to try this?
- 1 bag Flaming hot cheetos
- 4 Turkey legs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pickle brine
- 1 head garlic, smashed
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt, separated
- 2-3 turns with a pepper grinder
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups Flamin' Hot Cheetos
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Mix buttermilk, pickle brine, garlic and 3 tablespoons kosher salt in a large bowl. Add Turkey and stir to coat.
- Cover and let Turkey brine in the fridge for at least 2-4 hours to overnight. Remove Turkey from fridge, and as it comes to room temperature prepare your coating.
- Place Hot Cheetos into a food processor and pulse until there are no chunks left.
- Mix together the flour, Hot Cheeto dust, 3 tablespoons kosher salt, paprika, cayenne and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan with high sides. Place a thermometer on the side of your pan so you can keep the oil temperature around 375 degrees.
- When your oil is heated, take the turkey piece by piece from the brine and dredge it in the flour mixture.
- Fry each piece until golden brown, usually between 14-16 minutes per side, depending on the size of the Turkey pieces, taking care not to crowd the pan while frying. Let cool on a wire rack.