Gimmicke food is the new norm and this certainly fall into that category. It turns out that it's a great idea though!
Buns? Who needs buns?! Every great burger needs one but a Spaghetti & Meatball Burger needs a spaghetti bun! Crispy noodles held together with cheese holding a juicy and tomato saucy burger! Get ready for a food coma after this messy treat!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- ¼ parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon parmesan, grated
- 4 ounces mozzarella, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups marinara, warmed for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place spaghetti in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook until just past al dente so that the sticky consistency will help the spaghetti form tighter buns. Drain and allow the pasta to cool, making sure the pasta is completely drained (excess water can affect the formation of the bun).
- Once pasta is cooled and dry, combine it with the eggs, cheese, oregano, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Portion the pasta mixture into 8 equal parts.
- Form the pasta into patties using a ring mold or large cookie cutter. Once patties have been formed, refrigerate for an hour or until firm. Then lay the firm spaghetti buns on a well greased pan and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown on the outer edge but with a firm bite in the center.
- For the patties, whip together the egg, salt, pepper, herbs, garlic and parmesan cheese then combine with the ground beef. Separate the ground beef mixture into 8 equal portions (about 2.5 ounces each).
- Press each portions out evenly into a patty shape, making sure there are no tears in the meat. Lay out all the pressed patties on a sheet tray and place 1 ounce of shredded mozzarella in the center of half of them.
- Using the remaining patties, cover each cheese topped patty so the cheese remains in the center. Pinch together the edges of the patties to seal in the cheese. Cook the stuffed meatball patties to desired doneness.
- Place each patty on a spaghetti bun and top with marinara sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.