Weeknight dinners need to be quick, easy and above all totally yummy! Try having all the flavors of fajita night and none of the clean up with Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid!
Everybody loves the classic fajita, with crunchy peppers and onions, gooey cheese, moist chicken, all smothered in a garlicky fajita sauce. In addition to all that try wrapping it all in tender pastry to create the new weekday fajita night!
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green or red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll dough onto cookie sheet; press to 8x12 inches.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir in chili powder, salt and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add onion and bell pepper strips; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spoon chicken mixture in 4-inch strip lengthwise down center of dough. Top with salsa; sprinkle with cheese. With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough within 1/2 inch of filling. Alternately cross strips over filling; press edges to seal. Brush with egg white.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into slices.